Welcome!

Welcome! My mom's mom, started a great tradition that was handed down to my mom, and then to me and my sister. Every December, we pick one night to stay up as late as we can and bake all different kinds of cookies and dessert bars to be given as gifts on Christmas. We bake into the early hours of the morning and when we're done, the dining room table is laden with platters and plates doning the most irrestible creations. This wonderful tradition is what began my love of baking, and it is something I hope to someday share with my daughter. I hope you'll enjoy reading my blog about dessert almost as much as I've enjoyed tasting and writing about dessert. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Craving Chocolate?!?

Ok...so my hubby and I were just sitting here watching our Gators get their butts kicked by Alabama, and I suddenly got a major chocolate craving (must be depression...I've always been an emotional eater) so I pulled out my trusty Paula Deen cook book and whipped of some gooey chocolaty brownies called Lady Brownies. I cut the recipe in half because if I made a full-sized pan of brownies, guess how much would get eaten this weekend? Answer: the WHOLE pan. The other modification I made was to add chocolate chips because, as I mentioned before...everything is better with chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate!

I took the brownies out of the oven early because we love it when they are super gooey.
I also topped it with whipped cream...cause that's just how I roll!!! Go Gators!

Lady Brownies Recipe:

What You Need:
  • 13x9 pan
  • 2 C sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 6 TB cocoa powder (I used a combo of light and dark cocoa)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1-1/2 C self-rising flour (if you only have all-purpose flour, add 1/2 tsp baking powder)
  • 1 C chopped nuts (I left this out because hubby hates nuts)
  • 1 C chocolate chips

Instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees
  • Grease and flour pan
  • Blend sugar, oil, eggs, cocoa and vanilla
  • Mix in flour
  • Add nuts and/or chocolate chips
  • Spread into pan
  • Bake for 25-30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment