Welcome!

Welcome! My mom's mom, started a great tradition that was handed down to my mom, and then to me and my sister. Every December, we pick one night to stay up as late as we can and bake all different kinds of cookies and dessert bars to be given as gifts on Christmas. We bake into the early hours of the morning and when we're done, the dining room table is laden with platters and plates doning the most irrestible creations. This wonderful tradition is what began my love of baking, and it is something I hope to someday share with my daughter. I hope you'll enjoy reading my blog about dessert almost as much as I've enjoyed tasting and writing about dessert. Enjoy!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Self-Serve Frozen Yogurt

I recently had the privilege of being introduced to a place called Mochi. It is a Japanese frozen yogurt chain with locations in Gainesville, Jacksonville and Orlando, FL. Let me just say, this is what frozen yogurt is supposed to taste like. Mochi frozen yogurt even has active yogurt cultures, and it's fat-free  It is a tart, sweet taste sensation. A burst of fruitiness...like summer in a cup.
Mochi frozen yogurt comes in a wide variety of fruity flavors, with traditional options like strawberry and vanilla, as well as more exotic options, such as lychee, poi and coconilla.

One of the coolest parts about Mochi is that you get to serve yourself. Just pick up a cup, fill it with as much frozen yogurt as you want, then choose from dozens of toppings...as many as you want. Then, the cashier weighs your creation. Mochi charges 45 cents an ounce (but be careful, it adds up quickly). Mochi frozen yogurt is so good it's almost addcitive. You'll crave the tart taste and cool, creamy goodness. Enjoy!

(Photo courtesy of Mochi Facebook)


(photos courtesy of mymochi.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment