Welcome!

Welcome! My mom's mom, started a great tradition that was handed down to my mom, and then to me and my sister. Every December, we pick one night to stay up as late as we can and bake all different kinds of cookies and dessert bars to be given as gifts on Christmas. We bake into the early hours of the morning and when we're done, the dining room table is laden with platters and plates doning the most irrestible creations. This wonderful tradition is what began my love of baking, and it is something I hope to someday share with my daughter. I hope you'll enjoy reading my blog about dessert almost as much as I've enjoyed tasting and writing about dessert. Enjoy!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Savannah - Day 1 and 2

Wow! Four days in Savannah and I want to talk about a lot more than the food I ate. I’m not even sure where to begin. Since this is a blog about food, particularly dessert, I guess I’ll begin with my first notable meal.
My mom rented an apartment with a kitchen, so we were able to save some money by eating “at home” for several meals. Having had a busy day, that was to continue with a ghost tour later in the evening, we decided to eat dinner "at home" on Saturday. This decadent dinner consisted of an array of appetizer-style foods that paired perfectly with the red wine my mom bought. She was determined to pamper us, and she didn’t disappoint.
                                                          Saturday, September 11, 2010

Coffee cake
Brie, salami and cheese roll, sea salt and pepper crackers,
olives, sun-dried tomatoes, hummus,
bleu cheese, wasabi peas...
Exotics like star fruit and cactus fruit
And...what's a vacation without Cabernet and dark chocolate!



Sunday, September 12, 2010
(Photo courtesy of Lulu's Chocolate Bar)

Sunday night found us at an Italian restaurant serving some of the best lasagna I’ve ever had. But for me, the best thing about this restaurant is that it is located right next to a little place called Lulu’s Chocolate Bar. The name alone is enough to send your sweet tooth into overdrive. It's a chic little place with eclectic décor...velvet-covered seats, chandeliers and exposed brick walls. Walk through the door and you immediately come face to face with a decadent display of cookies, cakes, brownies and cheese cakes. Pair this menu with the long list of dessert martinis and…heaven…I’m in heaven!

I’m ashamed to say that in our feeding frenzy, I forgot to take pictures of the desserts we ate. But I can tell you that the raspberry chocolate cheesecake and the honey citrus cheesecake was to die for! I also indulged in the Lulutini, the chocolate bar's signature dessert martini. All I can say is YUM!


The "Lulutini"
(Van Gogh™ Chocolate Vodka, Godiva™ Liqueur,
Crème de Cacao, and Real Chocolate)



No comments:

Post a Comment